Skip to content
Here are a few questions to get book book club discussions going, before or after trying some of the recipes in the book – of course!
- Do you think Poppie is a weak or a strong character and why?
- Is this a victim or a hero story?
- How successful is she at escaping from abuse?
- What, in your opinion, is the worst thing that happens to her?
- And the best thing?
- Why is she so focused on her senses? Does it help or hinder her journey?
- How normal are these kinds of abusive experiences in women’s lives?
- What coping mechanisms work well and support healing?
- Do you agree with the role of dance in the story?
- Are you convinced that Poppie would one day be free from abuse?